Evidence-based guidelines for management and surveillance of TPFS are still to be developed. For now, there is only general advice:
Treatment of manifestations
- Speech and language therapy for feeding problems, speech delay and to augment communication. Physiotherapy for motor delay. Educational programs directed to specific disabilities identified.
- Routine treatment of cardiac, hearing, epilepsy, scoliosis and cryptorchidism problems.
- Routine eye and hearing checks.
- Monitoring growth and for spine deformities.
- Cardiac screening for congenital heart disease and progressive dilation of the aorta.